Saturday, November 11, 2006

Interview with Rubberella

I had a chance to interview Rubberella near the dungeon area of the Everything to Do with Sex show a couple of weeks ago.

The dungeon area of the sex show was not very big; it was off to the side and mostly curtained off in black with a sign informing us that photography was prohibited in this area.

Inside, we saw a variety of floggers, ropes and other bondage equipment. We even caught a glimpse of a woman being tied up in an elaborate rope corset

I first spotted Rubberella on The Dungeon Stage (where photography was permitted with permission) giving a demonstration about the joys of wearing latex.

Rubberella is a fetish model who enjoys wearing latex outfits, like her cat-suit and torpedo boob suit. She describes her sexy skin-tight costumes as "a bit Sci-Fi and a bit sexual". And not only does she wear latex costumes, but she also has "regular-looking" clothes made out of latex, like the one she was wearing to The Sex show.

To get into her tight latex outfits, Rubberella has to lube up her body with water or silicone based lubricant and then rubs another type of coating on the outside to keep her latex looking shiny and to keep it from sticking.

Stats:
Birthdate: 7-1-1970

Eye color: Blue

Shoe Size:9.5

Piercing: nose, upper gum, belly button a
nd genitals
Height: 5 feet 10 inches

Weight: 130

Measurements: 34 26 36 inches


Because her site has some pretty intense photos, Rubberella was actually the person I was most nervous about interviewing that day. I decided to volunteer to try on a pair of latex gloves during her latex demonstration (Latex: Beyond The Condom), to get to know her a bit casually before I tried to interview her and so that I could see how it feels to wear a little latex.

After dutifully rubbing the lube all over my hands and slipping on the gloves I could totally understand why Rubberella loves wearing latex so much -— it felt really slippery and sexy and fun!

Having a tiny taste of her lifestyle made me feel much more ready to meet her at her booth for an interview.

Me: What is it like wearing full latex outfits all day?

Rubberella: It's very sensual; the latex is tight and I love how it feels squeezing my body. I also find that the latex heightens sensations, so rubbing even just your hands together when you are wearing latex gloves feels much sexier than without. But it is also very hot wearing whole outfits made out of latex; I'm pretty much sweating lightly the whole time.

[At this point she rolled up her sleeve to show me, and I could see the sheen of sweat on her forearm.]

Me: What do you look forward to after doing a long photo-shoot or a show like this?

Rubberella: (Laughs) A nice long, hot bath.

Me: You wear a lot of different costumes for your photo-shoots, which one is your favourite?

Rubberella: My torpedo boob costume; I use condoms inflated with air to create incredibly huge breasts to wear under the bodysuit. It's part of that character and makes me feel even more like a super-heroine. It is a very fun costume to wear!

Me: Do you find that you bump into a lot of things when you wear that costume?

Rubberella: Yes! It's hard to get used to suddenly have gigantic breasts, so I do sometimes bump into things when I am backstage.

Me: Would you consider yourself a Domme or a Switch?

Rubberella: A switch.

Me: Who make better "victims", men or women?

Rubberella: I prefer women because we seem to enjoy latex play more; women are more sensual. I also prefer to use women models in my photo-shoots because I am more attracted to women.

Me: You have tattoos of two angels on your back, do these mean anything special for you?

Rubberella: I got those two after going through a difficult time in my life - they represent guardian angels who take care of me.

Me: How did you first get into experimenting with breath play?

Rubberella: It was introduced to me by other Doms. I was attracted to breath play because of the trust required by the sub - it takes a lot to trust someone enough to let them control your breathing and that trust is very sexy to me.

Me: Back to the latex - How often do you find yourself wearing it?

Rubberella: When I first got into it, I used to wear at least one piece of latex at all times, even if it was just a latex bra or panties under my clothes. But now that I am wearing it all the time for work, I tend not to wear it as often during my "off hours".

Me: That's all the questions I have, thank you very much for your time.

Rubberella: You're very welcome!

Although she was the person I was most nervous about interviewing before I got to The Sex Show, Rubberella turned out to be my favourite interview of the day! She was very nice and seemed like a very cool and intelligent person. Thank you again to "Rubberella" for taking to time to give me such a great interview and for posing for pictures with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very very nice fetish clothes...

Anonymous said...

I like the red color....